[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Trier, Germany

Eduardo Kommers eduardo.kommers at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:27:21 PST 2012

Hello!

I'm considering now in my research a link with the name Kommers to the city
of Trier in Germany, by the way the oldest city in Germany.

I tried to find out more about a relation between Lutherans from Trier and
Germans from Volhynia , without any success.

I'm looking for any insight regarding to the Lutherans history in Trier back
to 1840'.

Questions like the following would really help me if I would able to answer
them:

Were Lutherans numerous in Trier and region?

Has someone here traced a Volhynian-German relative back to Trier or closed
regions?

Is there any archive(s) or online database to search for church or civil
records of that period of 1830 - 1840?

I'm asking for your kind assistance on this.

Best regards.

Eduardo Kommers