[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wollingen location - border?

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 15 14:19:49 PST 2012

Sorry to disappoint you, Linda but I think that Wollingen is a corrupted form of Wolhynien, the German word for Volhynia.

Your description from the search suggests that Boza Wola was only named Wollingen during WW II, a common renaming practice by the Nazis.  Ditto for most of the other villages on the referenced web page.  There is no evidence on earlier maps that Boza Wola was known as Wollingen prior to WW II.  The original name for Boza Wola was Holendry Baruchowskie or Holendry Baruchowo which is how it appears on 1803 and 1910 era maps.

Jerry