[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Wollingen location - border?

Spaghettitree at aol.com Spaghettitree at aol.com
Thu Feb 16 07:16:43 PST 2012

I'm not the expert here, but I agree with those who are - I believe that
must be Wolhynien - because of the sound - which is not the English-speaking
sound.  The court clerk writing that down probably did not have it spelled
out for him - he only heard it, and likely did not know the language he was
 listening to.    Sadly, Americans aren't big on languages - and  that
includes English now.

Maureen.

In a message dated 2/16/2012 12:16:14 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
GHBoehm at ish.de writes:

Am  15.02.2012 21:18, schrieb marmel:
> Interestingly, on his DOI&   Petition for Naturalization he lists his
birthplace as Wolligen, and also his  last foreign residence as Wollingen,
Russia.  Digging the internet I  found only one reference for Wollingen that
made sense, at  websitewww.de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baruchowo  , which lists 15
mayor's  districts included in the Landgemeinde of Baruchowo in the southern
tip of the  Kujawsko-Pomorskie Voivodeship, including the village of Boza
Wola (1943-1945  Wollingen), located about 23km (14 mi) southeast of Wloclawek
and 75 km (47  mi) SE of Torún.

Hello Marmel,
how about Wolhynien instead of  Wollingen?
I think it is the most obvious, albeit disappointing  possibility.

Günther