[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Govodniza confirmation record - old German

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 22 09:12:50 PST 2012

Excellent transcription, Linda.  Sometimes however it is not just about the old script but about the handwriting and one's knowledge of things like place names.  Govodniza simply makes no sense as a place name whereas Gorodniza does.

Kraushaar is simply the mother's surname.  You might also check the word Lutherina.  As a name it does not make sense.  I suppose a feminine version of Luther is possible but I have never seen it in many years of research.  Could it be Catherina?  Or is it an adjective describing a religious affiliation?

Describing the church name as Nowina is unusual and confused me a lot.  This spot is where the parish name is usually placed - e.g Luck or Rozisczcze.  In this case the pastor apparently entered the location of the Betshaus or local chapel.

Jerry