[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Hiring a professional researcher

Laurelei Primeau laurelei at telus.net
Wed Jan 11 06:19:58 PST 2012

Hi!

One of my cousin-researchers has done all he can do, and is looking to hire a professional.

Can you share any suggestions about how to find a reliable researcher? What questions should we be asking to make sure that we have a good fit, and that he's not going to get ripped off?

This one company he's looking at says they have a database in which several people post about our mystery man (Peter Bohart, 1800) but that could just be Ancestry.com, where one person posts a family tree and the next 9 people copy it without checking.

His search is focussed around the area of Koblenz in Germany, so if any of you have any recommendations, we'd very much appreciate your advice.

Thanks,
Laurelei

“What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
― Jane Goodall