[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Dreher Kalber and Klaus

Christopher Köhler christopher.kohler at telia.com
Wed Jan 11 12:32:34 PST 2012

Hi

I'm looking for traces of my ancestors; the families Dreher, Kalber (Kelber)
and Klaus who lived in the area Wiciejewo, Bielino, Bulkowo, Makolin and
Nowe-Boryszewo in the near of Plock. At the moment  I know very little about
my familys heritage as my mother was very little when they fled to Germany
in january 1945 and my grandparents never wanted to talk about their life in
Poland. What I do know is that my grandmother Erna Dreher (born Kalber) was
the daughter of Robert and Olga Kalber (Olga was born Klaus). Robert was the
teacher in Bielino.

Erna married August Dreher in 1936 when she was 17 and he 24 years old.
August dreher was Gottlieb and Amalie Dreher.

August and Erna were blessed with two children; my mother Elfriede born in
1938 and her sister Helga born in 1941.

I have one information that the Kalbers came wandering from the village
Öschelbronn outside Stuttgart in  1803 and the Drehers came from Schwaben
about the same time. When I read the Lackner-chronik about the village Nowe
Boryszewo my mother recognizes many names, but not how they are related to
each other. What little my mother recalls from her childhoods sphere is that
her aunt (Augusts sister Martha) married a blacksmith who lived up the
village street and that to the farm belonged an orchard with lots of cherry
trees. Her godfather was named Vogel and owned many horses.

Can someone please help me getting started or if anyone has data about these
families or villages please can pass this information on to me I will be
deeply thankful.

Regards

Christopher Köhler

Stockholm, Sweden