[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bleschke- Einwandererkartei, 1939-1945

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Wed Jan 18 11:06:28 PST 2012

I have noted that the EWZ records do have a variety of spellings - probably because the person noting the names and place names especially was not familiar with them.  For example, my father's birthplace was listed as Berestovets, Berestowiec and Berestowitz at various times - Polish, German or Russian variations I suppose.  I don't believe the petty bureaucrats would have asked "how do you spell that" as they do today.

IMHO

Helen