[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bleschke- Einwandererkartei, 1939-1945

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Wed Jan 18 16:42:29 PST 2012

Vera,
"Sch" is 'sz' in Polish and the last letter can change depending on the
tense.  Bleschke would be Bleszke or Bleszkie but I would not overlook the
possibility of Blaszke which is a much more common name in Poland and the
sound would be virtually the same, I think.  Blaszke is common in Dobriner
Land as a potential ancestral area for this family.  Incidentally, so is
Hoffman/Hofman/Hofmann etc.  With both names common in the same area it is
possible both families came from this same area.

Earl

Message: 2