[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Bleschke Name

Reiner Kerp mail at reiner-kerp.de
Fri Jan 20 05:15:03 PST 2012

Am 20.01.2012 04:26, schrieb Vera Miller:

[...]

> Thanks to everyone who contributed comments on my Bleschke name. It is very interesting.

Hi Vera,

here is my try.

In the books of the evangelical (German) Parish of Łabiszyn I found a
few Blech. There the names are written in German with no polonization.
Ble(s)ch-ke would be the "little" (junior) Blech. Blaschke would be the
polonized version of Blesch. Blech comes from the German word bleich
and may describe a persons appearance (having a pale skin).

best regrds,

Reiner (Kerp)