[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polish to English translation help requested

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 13:13:34 PST 2012

Hi Dieter,

These 19th Polish civil copies of church records use a standardized format,
the same wording in each
and every record.  There are many different URL's on the internet where
these records
have interlinear translations, including
http://www.sggee.org/research/translation_aids

Someone on the list may be nice enough to send you a translation, but
please,
NO ONE, spend money on a translation for this kind of record!  Learning to
do
genealogy in a foreign country means learning to extract genealogically
important
information from a record WITH MINIMAL OR ZERO KNOWLEDGE OF THAT
FOREIGN LANGUAGE.

The issue reading a record such as this is NEVER the foreign language; it
is
always the handwriting.  After all, if you cannot decipher words properly,
you
cannot look them up. Google will not translate a document such as this
UNLESS your transcription is accomplished using PERFECT Polish.  That's
a high standard!  I know I cannot do it.

The gist of the birth record (Lodz Trinity Evangelical church) that you are
sending is:

Wilhelmina Kurc born 16 March 1830 in Antoniew

the birth is illegitimate.  On line 7, it states that the baby girl
(dziewczynek) is born at Antoniew
to its mother Anna Elzbieta Kurc, daughter of Jan and Anna.  the mother of
the child is 24 years old.

In my work on the Lodz records, I am unable at the moment to provide more
information about
the Kurz/Kurtz family.

Al Muth
Michigan

P.S.  I have overstated the concept of "absolute identity" of the template
of the record, as even
I can point out certain features of this record that are not typical of the
birth record template.