[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] For Listserve

betner at juno.com betner at juno.com
Mon Jan 30 13:29:00 PST 2012

Can you post the following on the listserve?

Re:  {Ger-Poland-Volhynia) (Surnames: Nehring-Neumann)

Can anyone help me locate Wilhelmine Nehring's (born in Magasin) marriage and death record?  I believe she was the first wife of Gottfried Neumann.  He subsequently married Pauline Hein on June 14, 1881 but she also died in August of 1881.

I have checked the St. Pete records for the Rozyszcze church but cannot locate a marriage or death notice for Wilhelmine Nehring.  Thankfully a list member confirmed the marriage information of Gottfried's second wife, Pauline Hein, noting he was a widower.

I saw a death notice for Emilie, born in 1874 in Clemntinow by Petrikau, but she died in 1876, and it appears she may be Gottfried and Wilhelmine's child.  Also, s second child, Wilhelmine was born in 1876 in Ostroima but died in 1878 in Heimtal.  Is this Wilhelmine and Gottfried Neumann's child?

I noted a child 'Pauline' was born in 1879 to a Gottfried N. in Sitschinek, but the mother Wilhelmine was listed with no maiden name and I wonder if this also was their third child.  I was not able to locate a death record for this child.

If anyone can find this in the church books, please let me know.  Betner at juno.com