[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Poland's "Dutch" Villages

Otto otto at schienke.com
Wed Jul 4 08:43:29 PDT 2012

The article, "Poland's Dutch Villages" is about Geography and Law and is addressed to a literate adult audience. I am clarifying an ongoing issue over the years about the meaning of "Hollendry"  which is not limited to just our List.

The reference "Dutch" in quote marks you refer to-
it is at the conclusion of the article, an article which discusses the the meaning of 'hollendry' or dutch/Frisian Town Law vs German town law.
The reference to Gostynin's 20 villages is quoted from Dr. Walter Maas's papers. Immediately following I state where one can obtain a copy of his writings.

The term "Dutch villages" up to now has and is taken out of context and misused to fiddle personal tunes.  (as the one based on the grant from the Polish government offered by Helen) After all, it is about past Polish history and an attempt is being made by them to preserve it. It is up to them to get it right.

My article in itself is to clarify the ongoing misuse of the term, "Dutch" villages and unveil it origin.

The three main migrations, the Frisians, the Pomeranians and the Silesians are referred to in my article, but not limited to those groups, even other Germans and Poles sought Hollendry town rights. They all wanted to taste Frisian Freedom.

On Jul 4, 2012, at 10:50 AM, Jerry Frank wrote:

> This is all great material.  But one statement at the end gives me cause for concern, even though the word is in quote marks implying a special meaning.  Such reference without immediate clarification can be taken out of context and misused.
>
> Quote:  ". . .about 1880 peasants of more than 20 "Dutch" villages of the region of Gostynin . . ."

. . .   Otto
         " The Zen moment..." wk. of January 01, 2012-
                "The World Is . . . what we make of it."