[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Poland Travel

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 7 07:36:52 PDT 2012

Debbie,

Not sure what you learned on the Internet that would discourage you from driving in Poland.  It is no different than driving anywhere else in Europe.  I was just there in May and had no problems with my rental car.  The only thing is that you would have to have an International Drivers License.

Having said that, of course, you may find it advantageous to have a translator with you.  People involved in the tourist trade generally know English but most people in the small towns do not.

If you have time, may I suggest, if you have a driver, to encourage him to use some of the rural roads between Warsaw and Gabin rather than the main highway.  The area between Sochachow and Gabin at least is apple orchard country and very picturesque.

Jerry