[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 110, Issue 7

dthoms at sasktel.net dthoms at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 8 17:27:07 PDT 2012

Hello Trudy

Thanks so much for your info.  I am checking the website right now.
My sister and I are very excited to be making this trip and I plan on
taking as many photos as I can around the whole Zhitomir and
Serbo-Slobodka area.  I am plan on posting a link so anyone can see
the photographs and any other info we may have found.  Interestingly,
my sister found a link to a posting about KGB records (not the SGGEE
one) and the deportation records.  It seems that some researchers took
on the huge task of cataloging these and they are mainly stored in the
Zhitomir archives but are not given access to people who stop at he
archives.  But my sister and I are traveling with a researcher who
works with Don Miller and we are hoping that when will stop at the
archives, with a bit of pleading and remuneration, they may let Alex
look for the family names.
Thanks again.
Any relation to the Kruegers who live in Humboldt, Saskatchewan?
Debbie