RE: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] indexed records of Evangelical Tomaszów Mazowiecki

Loretta Houben dragonfly3 at telus.net
Mon Jul 23 08:37:13 PDT 2012

Hi Albert,

Thanks so much for these interesting links. One of my great grandfathers was Polish, so I am interested in finding his family roots.
My hope is to trace his family tree back as far as possible. I understand this is like looking for a needle in a haystack, but this first step for me, of joining this wonderful group, has greatly inspired me! I am amazed at how much information can be found on the Internet today. It's simply thrilling!

I borrowed a very good history book from the library on Ukraine by Paul R Magocsi. It's very interesting reading with a lot to chew on!
I didn't realize how complex Ukraine's history is, but there are many maps in this book which are so helpful. I'm beginning to get an overview of the country my great grandparents came from. I would love to know where they lived before they moved to Volhynia. One day I would dearly love to visit this land.

I also borrowed a good DVD by Rick Steves on Eastern Europe so I could get a bit of the flavour of that great land. I've never visited that part of the world, and it fascinates me. It is so full of history and I just love history!

Thanks to all of you who post such interesting links, so that I am able to find more needles in haystacks!

Loretta
House of Houben
The Bleu Manoir