[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] DNA tests

Vera Miller equalityforall at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 26 10:11:58 PDT 2012

Hi Patricia,

This is a great idea. I am 51 percent Eastern European and 45 Russian/Finnish, according to the new ancestrydna.com test.

I have done the Family Finder test through FamilyTreeDNA. I found a distant cousin who is related to two 5th-great-grandmothers. Now, we need to figure out his ancestor's siblings who connected us together. I have a third cousin match too. I am waiting for research results in Bialystok to find our connection.

I haven't had much luck in DNA genealogy because I haven't been able to get very far with my genealogy located in current Poland.

Here is another great resource for those who have used 23andme.com and familytreedna.com for testing- http://www.gedmatch.com/. You can upload your dna information into the site's database to see who else matches you for free. The database predicts the number of generations matches are separated by. Gedcomm files can also be downloaded and searched for matches.

Vera
my blog- http://lostrussianfamily.wordpress.com