[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] [POLAND] Polish Cemeteries

Eveline Tiefenbach liebeemmi at aol.com
Sat Jul 28 23:11:29 PDT 2012

-----Ursprüngliche Mitteilung-----
Von: Debbie Greenlee <daveg at airmail.net>
An: Poland Roots <POLAND-ROOTS at rootsweb.com>
Verschickt: Di, 24 Jul 2012 5:49 pm
Betreff: [POLAND] Polish Cemeteries

Here's a very interesting web site which not only identifies the
graves in a Polish cemetery, it also locates them in the cemetery!
This is a lot of work! There are about 70 cemeteries on this web site
though I haven't been able to figure out how to find the other cemeteries.

Check out the Chodziez (famous for beautiful porcelain) cemetery:
http://www.polskie-cmentarze.com/chodziez/grobonet/start.php?id=wyniki&name=rutkowski&x=0&y=0

You can search for individual names (you don't need diacritical marks)
here:
http://www.polskie-cmentarze.com/chodziez/grobonet/start.php?id=form

An explanation of how this is done can be found here. It's in Polish
but there are photos. This is nothing like what I do when I "read" a
cemetery! LOL
http://www.polskie-cmentarze.com/chodziez/grobonet/start.php?id=wyniki&name=rutkowski&x=0&y=0

Debbie
Need to contact the list manager?  Write to Marie at Poland-Roots-admin at rootsweb.com
Discussion of Polish food, culture, and customs are welcome on the list as long
as the discussion stays pertinent to the topic of this list: researching our
Polish roots.