[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] geography assistance: "Gruec"?

Richard Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Sun Jul 29 11:21:55 PDT 2012

Craig,
Others are more knowledgeable than I about Polish villages, but I have one
observation.  In the VKP database is a family Gottfried Schiller and his
wife Christine Schiller living at Miroslawka in Rozyszcze parish.  Four
children are born there 1879 to 1887.  A fifth, Pauline, is confirmed there.
Her birth is given as 7 Jan 1870 in Grodziec.  Possibly your Gruec is
Grodziec.  There are a dozen or more Grodziec in Russian Poland.  The only
one close to Kalisz is 32 km north.

Good luck in your search.

Dick Stein