[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] geography assistance: "Gruec"?

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 14:41:18 PDT 2012

 Another possibly for your "Gruec"is Grójec, roughly pronounced GRU-yets.
There are several of these in Russian Poland.

Pinning all your hopes on a single, misspelled place-name (and one
possible life event there) may be setting you up for failure. If you take
a broader look at the entire family, you (and we) may come up with
more ideas to pursue.

I think I found Edward and Christine on the 1916 Manitoba census.
If so, he appears to be born about 1886.  Do you have approximate
dates of birth for Edward's brothers and sisters?  Did they remain
behind or did they also emigrate?

What about Christine's family?  Do you have further information there?
Some times, people coming from the same earlier place continued
their associations in the later place.

Al Muth