[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SGGEE is doing something good

Gary Warner garyw555 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 09:19:26 PDT 2012

To all,

I thought I would share what I think is a good example of a major
benefit of being a member of SGGEE, *_IF_* you submit your pedigree data
for inclusion in the Master Pedigree Database (MPD).  While not everyone
has cousins in SGGEE (I am one who does not), and not everyone has data
in common with data submitted by the other members of SGGEE, an amazing
number of us do have data in common.  Remember that we offer no
guarantees, but you will not have success if you do not make an effort
to join us and submit your data.

Our database merge team (Ed Koeppen, Frank Stewner and Gary Warner) just
finished doing a merge of data for a fairly new SGGEE member- she only
joined SGGEE in 2011.   She submitted just 276 records for inclusion in
the MPD, only 211 of which were directly connected to her by blood
relationships.  Her data appears to be the first data set which
diligently used the new location guidelines, and as a result, merging of
her data was very straight-forward.  When the merge was completed, we
found that her data set now includes 4377 records, 3115 of which are
directly related to her by blood.  In those records are data sets
submitted by 73 different SGGEE members, plus 19 data sets that belong
to the SGGEExxx series of data.  Of those 73 members, she is related to
19 (that is, she has 19 cousins who are SGGEE members), and for many of
them she is related in more than one way (in some cases three different
cousin paths).  She has now been sent electronic data as follows

1.  A letter explaining what was found, and who she has data in common with
2.  29 relationship charts that show how she is related to the noted 19
SGGEE members
3.  A Legacy data file with 4377 records, most with sources noted from
original records
4   A pdf file that shows how to configure Legacy to show relationships
to any given person

Gary Warner
SGGEE Databases Manager