[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] For Gary

Gary Warner garyw555 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 15:52:18 PDT 2012

Carol,

We expect that the databases that we are now creating will be around for
a very long time.   Our thought is that if your grandchildren are not
interested in family history now, but later decide that they are, then
they will still be able to connect to the past through data that you add
now.   I do not know how messed up your family history is, but I can say
for certain that if I had not personally started my family history, that
my children would never have figured it out.   That is not to say that I
am so smart, but instead that I had resources available to me that are
no longer living that could straighten out all the falsehoods that my
father created about his family.   So, the answer is, yes we want ALL of
the descendants (and spouses) and ancestors (and spouses) of anyone who
lived in Poland or the Ukraine if they had even one drop of German
blood.  Ancestors of such persons will of course not necessarily be Germans.

I cannot say with certainty that your Swiss and Yugoslavian ancestry is
connected to anyone else in SGGEE or not.   If they are ancestors of
anyone who lived in Poland or the Ukraine, then yes, we want that data.
   If they are not connected, then I will leave it up to you whether you
send in that data or not, and I will further decide whether to upload it
as part of the Master Pedigree Database after I see it.

Gary Warner