[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Peterkoff

Stefan Düsterhöft stefan.duesterhoeft at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 14:07:54 PDT 2012

ggomes at soundviewnet.com wrote on Sat Jun 16 2012 22:01:14 GMT+0200 (CEST)
> One of my Lang/Lange relatives lists his birthplace on his WWI Registration
> form as "Peterkoff" .  He was born October 31, 1887 and is the son of Andrew
> Lang/Lange and Ernestina Unknown.

> With this in mind, should I assume that "Peterkoff" is the same as Piotrkow
> Pierwszy (Piotrokow), Lublin, Lubelskie??

Gary,

to my knowledge the Lublin Project database does not have any Lutheran
Germans in Piotrkow Pierwszy and only few in the surrounding villages.
"Piotrkow" usually refers to Gubernia piotrkowska, which included a
large area with Germans living mainly in and around Łódź. See
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gubernia_piotrkowska
As the records for 1887 from parishes Lublin and Rozyszcze have been
indexed already and there seems to be no son to a Andreas Lang(e), I'm
afraid you need to widen your search geographically.

Stefan Düsterhöft