[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Eufrozyny, wife of Krystyan Jozef of Kepa Kikolska, Poland

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:55:50 PDT 2012

German given names are usually written in Polish or Russian in the Lutheran
records
of Russian Poland.  A given name tends to show up in a standard form, but
it is not unusual to see phonetic approximations such as Wilchelm.  The
Polish
spelling -ch- is pronounced as, and so best approximates the German
aspirated
h in Wilhelm.

Euprosine is a common German name in Russian Poland, particularly in areas
on the north side of the Wisla river. No particular significance to the use
of the
name by your family.

Al Muth
Michigan, USA