[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Jurisdictions in Volhynia and Poland

Brandt Gibson ironhide781 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:23:35 PDT 2012

I have a question regarding jurisdictions in Volhynia and Poland. I'm trying to enter the data I've found on my Joseph and Witt family ancestors in my genealogy database, but have no idea how to enter the location data in my database. For example, I have several Joseph ancestors who were born or married in Uljanowka, near Zhitomir. What jurisdiction(s) was this city in at the time (1890s)? I likewise have discovered birth and marriage records in Kepa Kikolska and Reischewo, Poland for others of my Joseph and Witt family ancestors in the 1830s-1850s. Knowing that Poland was constantly changing hands between various other countries, how do I enter the locations of these events in my database? I can provide more details if necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,  Brandt GibsonFife, WA