[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Grzybinki

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 14:32:27 PDT 2012

Klein Grieben (Grzybinki) is not listed in the SGGEE "German Empire
Gazetteer".
But this is not a loss; it is merely a list of place names that are already
in the
Master Pedigree Database (for members only).  Hardly a research tool.

Günther has correctly pinpointed its location for you using geospatial
coordinates and given you its current political administrative
jurisdictions.
But this tells you nothing about how to conduct research on families who
lived there in the past.

In 1905 it was in the parish of Rauschken. Records at LDS from 1733-1875.
It is a microfilm from the Nazi era (1939), reissued by the Zentralstelle
für
Genealogie in Leipzig in the 1980's.  There are 7 microfilms. Günther's
posting replicates most of that information.

In the early days of microfilming, they filmed all the left pages, then all
the
right pages.  It will likely be a negative filming (white print on a black
background).
If it is anything like the records in neighboring Kreis Rosenberg
(Westpreussen),
records extend across 2 pages (left AND right).  That is,  to get all the
information
out of a single birth record, you must have both the left and right pages
where it is on.
Therefore, to make sense of records, you may need to print them, that is,
join
the separated left and right page.

I am unaware of anyone who works on Lutheran parishes in detail in that
area of Poland.

Al Muth