[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] When Germans left Volhynia

Ron Neuman ron at neuman.ca
Wed Mar 7 18:56:20 PST 2012

Eduardo - you might also think in terms of the Caucasus and Siberia.

My reason for suggesting those two locations is a letter contained in
"The Lilge Papers" which is a collection of letters in the Provincial
Archives of Alberta.  This collection contains the originals of many
letters that were written to a member of the Lilge family who
immigrated to Alberta (the Bruderheim district) in 1894.  Lilge
evidently corresponded with a number of his former neighbours in
various villages in the Heimthal Parish in Volhynia.  In at least one
of those letters written to Lilge in the late 1890's, the
correspondent from Volhynia says that he might come to Canada, but he
is also considering Siberia and the Caucasus.

If you want more infomation from this collection of letters, please
contact me directly.