[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Christian Arthur Joseph and Frasin Froelich, of Neuhof, Poland

Brandt Gibson ironhide781 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 19:44:38 PDT 2012

I just received the death record of my 3rd-great-grandfather, Ludwig Heinrich Joseph, b. 3 Apr 1837 in Kepa Kikolska, Poland, d. 2 Mar 1935 in Manitoba, Canada. In the death record, Ludwig's parents are listed as Christian Arthur Joseph and Frasin Froelich, both born in Neuhof, Poland. The informant was his son-in-law, Karl Siegel, who knew Ludwig for about 30 years, so I would think the information would be at least fairly reliable. Can anyone help me locate Neuhof?  Also, I have recently received the death record of Ludwig's wife, Justine (nee Witt), b. 27 Jan 1842 in Reischewo, Poland, d. 9 Jan 1916 in Manitoba, Canada. Her parents are listed as Jacob Witt and Anna Joseph, both of Russia. The informant was her son, Gottlieb, who was also born in Kepa Kikolska. We have a family story that Ludwig and Justine were first cousins, and this seems very plausible, as Justine's mother was a Joseph. This would suggest the two families, Witts and Josephs, living near each other in Poland.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Brandt GibsonFife, WA