[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] First name Reginald

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Thu Mar 22 06:32:30 PDT 2012

Am 22.03.2012 13:33, schrieb Eduardo Kommers:

> I would like to know your opinion about the possible origin of the first
> name Reginald ? (Reginald Hubert born 1829 - son of Jacob and Johanna
> Hubert)
>
> Is that for any part of the Prussia Kingdom?
>
> Regards.
>
> Eduardo

Hello Eduardo,
though Reginald is actually more common in the UK (see below), Saint Reginald, a fellow of Saint Boniface and others who
died 5. June 754 as martyrs near Dokkum, Frisia [actually Netherlands].

Alternatively, there was a Saint Reginald of Orleans who died 1 Feb. 1220 in Paris.

And finally, Reginald HEBER, anglican bishop of Calcutta and author of various common hymns, died in 1826.

Günther