[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] First name Reginald

Gary Warner garyw555 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 09:55:36 PDT 2012

Gunther,

I guess Eduardo will have to say why he asked.   I thought he was asking
if Reginald was really a German name.   It appears that in the form
Reginald that it is not, but when family names get written down by
descendants years later, they sometimes translate a name into one they
are familiar with.   If that is the case, I cannot explain why Reginald
was chosen for the change in South America, since I have always taken
Reginald to be an English name.

Gary