[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] whereabouts of Lutheran church records in Russian Poland

Albert Muth albertmuth734 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 17:08:17 PDT 2012

Obviously, the first stopping point for finding Evangelical church
records that you may consult is the LDS Family History Library
catalog.  But LDS has not filmed everything, nor does the Polish
State Archives have it all, either.  So, it is always exciting to
learn that doors to research are not closed in our faces.

The Evangelical church website for Piotrków Trybunalski has
become very informative. (In German, this was called Petrikau.)

1.  It has BMD records for Piotrków Trybunalski from 1826 on.  (Remember,
               this is the parish of Piotrków.  Volhynian death records
               may reference a birth in Petrikau gubernia, but this
               gubernia encompasses more than a dozen different
               parishes.  For a 1907 map that I particularly like that
               would show the different gubernias in Russian Poland,
               see http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gubernia, it's the 5th (or
               last one.  Also, take a look there (in Russian) at a 1917
               map of the all Russian gubernias)

2.  For the parish of Kleszczów, It has BMD records from 1830-1869
     and from 1945 on.
     Marriages 1838-1883, and then after 1951.
     Deaths 1837-1882.
     Records of BMD from 1869 to 1939 are in the USC (Urząd
     Stanu Cywilnego or 'civil registry office') in Bełchatów

3.  Records for Bełchatów were place in the Bełchatów USC in 1945.
4.  Records for Radomsko and Dziepółć went to the Radomsko USC in 1945.

This is all I know.  I have merely translated from what the website says.
http://www.piotrkow.luteranie.pl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=10

Al Muth