[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Berlin archives

Carol Duff carolduff at me.com
Mon Mar 26 19:59:38 PDT 2012

Bronwyn, You mention going there with an interpreter. I have read many vital records in the Kassel archives in the past. I am not fluent in German although my daughter who is, says I am better at reading old German script than she is. However, I know that you have done a lot of research and wonder about this. Can you get copies of the records? How did you go about the interpreter? Then again, I know someone in Berlin who has interpreted for me in the past. Perhaps I could ask her. All this is far more complex than I anticipated so I am glad that I have asked about it.

Paul, I will pull together a family tree, much of which is on Ancestry, but I have 30 family members coming for an early Easter dinner on Palm Sunday, this coming Sunday, so I might not accomplish this until after that, although I will try. Thank you all. Carol