[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] U of Alberta map collection: looking for info

Krampetz at aol.com Krampetz at aol.com
Tue Mar 27 15:44:57 PDT 2012

Phenomenal maps at:   Archive of Wojskowy Instytut  Geograficzny 1919 -
1939
_http://english.mapywig.org/news.php_ (http://english.mapywig.org/news.php)

Good luck

In a message dated 03/25/12 06:15:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
edieadam at gmail.com writes:

Hello  all: I'm hoping those of you in Alberta can give me a clue as to
whether  the map holdings of the University of Alberta are online.

The March  1995 edition of the Wandering Volhynians reprints a 1994 article
from the  *Edmonton Journal* about the receipt of a collection of pre World
War II  maps of the Soviet Union from the United Kingdom Military Survey.
The maps  sound very detailed and might help me in my research since my
family left  Volhynia for the USSR (or rather, Russia before it become the
USSR).  However my searches on the U of A website are not turning up
anything at  all, much less digital images. Does anyone have any  knowledge?

Thanks,
Edie Adam
Virginia,  USA