[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Radom Parish Records.... Several questions in under...

Spaghettitree at aol.com Spaghettitree at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 06:30:07 PDT 2012

Just a thought - might it be possible for that term "legal tutor" to be
interpreted as "legal representative" for a female whose father was  deceased?
  Perhaps to give permission for her marriage, if she were  very young?
The term "tutor" just doesn't seem to belong in that format,  given that women
had few, if any, rights, including education.

I have a legal background, so this usage intrigues me.

Maureen

In a message dated 3/28/2012 6:19:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,