[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] August Richter

Heinz heinrichrichter1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 29 16:50:07 PDT 2012

Greetings:

My father’s name was August Richter and along with the other Richters and extended family members he resettled to western Poland in 1940. Attached to my father’s EWZ records was a copy of  a Polish identity card.  The application, made in Olyka in 1930 includes a photo. Other than the obvious value of having identity papers, was there a particular requirement,  i.e. age, military service, occupation, for obtaining an ID card?  He was 26 years old at the time of the application.

Thanks, Heinrich