[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Frederick Kriese history.

Carol M cam650 at shaw.ca
Sun May 6 08:39:03 PDT 2012

Frederick August Kriese was my Grandfather.  I don't have much credible
information on him.  What I have is that he was born in Wolhymien, Russia on
July 15, 1885.  His father was August Kriese.  We are not sure of his mother
 we have it as Dorothea Luise Anklam, however we believe her last name is
really Schmidt and that the last name of Anklam is the name of the lady he
was travelling with when he emigrated at the age of 17. We do know that he
has a brother Julius who was born in Russia in 1890.  Julius became a
naturalized Canadian on October 27, 1931 and is shown as a Harness maker in
Drake, Saskatchewan.

Frederick Kriese married  Emilie Olga Rattai in Greenbay, Manitoba on
November 20, 1910.

We are not sure how he got to Canada, we think he landed in New York.  We
have heard rumours that he may have had a brother in North Dakota but these
are just rumors.  We understand that he did have a sister Caroline.

Any help anyone can give us will be appreciated.  What year did he leave
Russia or Germany, who was his mother (for sure )and where did they live.
How did they get to Canada.

Carol Morgenthaler
cam650 at shaw.ca