[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of Russian Village - Pasarabien?

Cliff Kruger ckgenealogy at gmail.com
Sun May 6 09:21:28 PDT 2012

I am looking for the location in Russia of a what is likely a village.

According to the U.S. naturalization document for my relative in
question, the name his birthplace is called: Pasarabien.

Although I have looked at Russian maps on FEEFHS and the Map Archive
of Wojskowy Instytut Geograficzny, at this point it's like looking for
a needle in a haystack since I don't have any reference points on what
part of Russia this village might be located in.

I also appreciate that the name, Pasarabien, may have a variety of
spellings and misspellings, and I'm not sure if the spelling I have
(from the naturalization certificate) is correct or not.

Thanks for any tips, ideas, suggestions.