[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] "Neustadt in Poland"

William Remus remus at hawaii.edu
Mon May 7 10:42:10 PDT 2012

> Dear Eckhard

Kartenmeister.com lists 4 Neustadts (new cities) in northern Poland. Of
those, I would favor Neustadt in Kreis (county) Neustadt as it is the
largest of the four choices. It is now a major city on the northern coast
of Poland. The county and city were in West Prussia just beyond the far end
of Pomerania and not far from Gdansk (Danzig). Like much of that region
there were many immigrants to North America from there in the late 1800's
including some Remus folk.  Here are some pictures and more information.

http://remus.shidler.hawaii.edu/genes/wprussia/Neustadt/home.htm

Regards Bill Remus