[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SCHLOCK (Schlack), Kessler. Marriage.

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Mon May 7 11:11:02 PDT 2012

Hello Eckhard,

This marriage seems to fall into the time period where we are missing
some marriage records from the Lublin data extracted to date. Since the
couple involved may have been married in the Kamien "daughter" church,
we know that so far some of those records have not been found, neither
in Kamien, nor as duplicates in the Lublin church records.

I looked in the Lublin database for a distribution of marriage records
for these years, searching just for the date. There are over a hundred
marriages for 1889 (most on disk 20 and from various villages), only 3
for 1890 (2 from disk 20), and over a hundred from 1891 (all from disk
35). Disk 35 is composed of compilation tables of marriage data. Disk 20
has full Napoleonic paragraph records. The 1899 Kamien marriage records
we do have are also on tables. Clearly, there were more than 3 weddings
in 1890 in the Lublin parish. When we have finished indexing the disks,
we will have a better idea of what is missing. We do not know yet
whether the records from Kamien or other missing records exist in some
form in the archives of the civil authorities there.

There are many SGGEE members, including Lublin Project volunteers, who
would like to find such records, so we will continue looking, too.

Regards,
Sigrid Pohl Perry