[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Frederick Kriese history.

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Tue May 8 10:27:14 PDT 2012

Hi Carol,

There is a Friedrich Griese is listed with the Rattai family in the 1911 census for Manitoba
http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census11/SplitView.jsp?id=42311
Curiously he is listed as the son-inj-law, but his wife does not appear on the list.

Because his birthdate does not match yours, perhaps this is not the correct one, but it is curious that there is an Emilie listed with her maiden name.

Griese/Kriese/Briese - sounds similar and might be misinterpreted in records.....  The record for Friedrich Kriese does show he immigrated in 1902 - possibly with the Rattai family as they also all arrived in that year.

You might also check the 1906 Census for the Rattai or Kriese/Griese/Briese (or variations thereof)  family  in Manitoba http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census06/

Vital Statistics for Manitoba: http://vitalstats.gov.mb.ca/Query.php  Pity these indexed records are not complete - or often even accurate - but they can be useful as a start.

good luck

Helen

The wise man must remember that while he is a descendant of the past, he is a parent of the future.
--Herbert Spencer