[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Looking for Brec

Earl.Schultz Earl.Schultz at telusplanet.net
Tue May 8 22:33:26 PDT 2012

I have an 1851 marriage record from Michalki, near Rypin.  The bride was
born in "the city of Brec in Prussia".  The "Bre" is very clear but the last
letter looks like a 'c' but could be something else such as an 's' or 'z'.
The 'c' is actually a little larger than the 'r' and 'e' so it might be
something else.  The 'c' also has a mark above it that looks like a reverse
staple but it could be just dirt on the lens.  Since the place is called a
city it must be a larger community and I would expect it to be relatively
close to Rypin-Lipno-Torun as most places in these records are.  Any ideas?
I'm at a loss.

Thanks.
Earl