[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Neustadt

hjansohn at tampabay.rr.com hjansohn at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 9 13:03:21 PDT 2012

Just to add another location to the discussion of "Neustadt":  One of my gt. grandmothers was from Neustadt, and also her sister who came to the US in the very early 1900s.  Richard Stein had actually found a record from a FHC film which was from (I believe) Memelland.  This Neustadt was just east of the present Russian oblast of Kaliningrad and later called Naumiestis/Vladislavow (sp.)  My gt.grandmother later lived in the Mariampol area, and her sister lived in Kaunas, both present day Lithuania; their father was Eduard Delgau or Dalchau, and I haven't been able to find any further records for him.

Janice Jansohn