[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FW: Counties

Sigrid Pohl Perry perry1121 at aol.com
Thu May 10 06:24:57 PDT 2012

Mhairi,

SGGEE has several gazetteers on the website so that you can select a
region and search a pdf for the standard location designation:
http://www.sggee.org/research/village_maps

There is a gazetteer specific to Volhynia; the locations are complex
because of the German spellings used in the records and the Russian or
Ukrainian designations on maps, so those are incorporated as well.
http://www.sggee.org/research/Gazetteer%20Volhynia.pdf

For villages that exist on old maps, but no longer today, directions are
given from current towns so that you can find the location.

Sigrid Pohl Perry