[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Gustav Bettker/Bottcher

heinrichrichter1 at aol.com heinrichrichter1 at aol.com
Thu May 10 07:44:56 PDT 2012

Hello List Members:

A few years ago I responded privately to a posting on this site from a person (not Bettker) that was helping a Bettker family member with some genealogical research. We exchanged several messages and determined that the Canadian Bettkers were related to my Bettkers but, unfortunately, my interests at the time were on a different branch of the family. This Bettker family lived near Saskatoon,SK. and are related to my maternal grandfather, Gustav Bettker, born in 1868, near Lodz, Poland. Gustav is a brother to the Bettker that immigrated to Canada. Family history says that one brother immigrated to Canada, the other to Volhynia. My oldest brother, Reinhold (now deceased) immigrated to Canada and worked on the Bettker farm near Saskatoon in 1951-53. I have my brothers German immigration documents but they make no reference to destination or sponsor and I have been unable to get any immigration information from Canada. Please respond if any of this sounds familiar or if there is a way to research Canadian immigration archives.

Heinrich Richter