[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Busenius

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Tue May 22 05:35:47 PDT 2012

Am 22.05.2012 00:11, schrieb B Hirsekorn:
> I am trying to determine where to look for information on birth records for my
> great-grandparents both born in 1853. So far, I have narrowed the villages to:
> Zabiele
> (German either Hellengrund or Sabiellen), Ortelsburg county, East Prussia (now
> Warminsko-Mazurskie) for Louise Ratz (great-grandmother)
> and
> Rańsk (German Rheinswein), Ortelsburg county (now Warminsko-Mazurskie) for
> Christian Heinrich Buzenius (great-grandfather). Both of these villages are
> near Osztyn.
> Would
> any civil or church records be held in Germany or Poland and what would be the
> area name?
> Does
> anyone know where could I find records for East Prussia?
> Betty

Hello Betty,
www.kartenmeister.com says:

 1. Sabiellen (from 1938 to 1945 Helenengrund), Ortelsburg, belonged to the Lutheran parish of Lipowitz, CRO Lipowitz
    and Catholic parish of Beutnerdorf.
    No registers have been microfilmed by the LDS.

    The only findings from Sabiellen are several pages of the Grundbuch [land and deeds register] of 1901 through 1943.
    They are stored in the

    Archiwum Państwowe w Olsztynie
    ul. Partyzantów 18, przegródka poczt. 412
    10-521 Olsztyn
    tel: (89) 527-60-96 do 97
    fax: 535-92-72
    e-mail: sekretariat at olsztyn.ap.gov.pl
    www.archiwa.gov.pl/olsztyn

 2. Rheinswein (Reinswein, Ransk) had an own CRO, the incomplete registers of which (births 1877-1878, 1890,
    1895,1905-1908, marriages 1879,1884, 1887,1905-1906, deaths 1877-1878,1897,1906) are stored in the Olsztyn archive too.
    No Lutheran nor Catholic parish registers, no LDS microfilming.

Günther