[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Copies of German CB

Otto otto at schienke.com
Thu Nov 22 05:25:02 PST 2012

Thank you Eveline-
Exceptional find!  Exceptional site!  Motherlode.

I, out of curiosity, went to the suggested Pommern site to test the sophistication of it.
I klikked on the first hot-link, Berndorf and Rosenfelde - Parish Klaushagen, Regenwalde.

It took about 10 seconds to load the record book.

I randomly selected a page to view and then went to the menu on the left side of the web-page and klikked on download.
Without hesitation it quickly downloaded the complete church book as a zipped PDF file .

With the Adobe PDF READER I could enlarge each well-written page to my satisfaction!
I then can use my screen-grab application to 'photograph' the record to create a graphic document in Photoshop.

On just one page I came across records for known surnames of my clan.
Schünke, Heller, Gerz, Krahn, Marquard, Rode and so on.

I will begin downloading all of the PDF record books.
"Wer nicht kommt zur rechten Zeit muss essen was übrig bleibt."