[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German Emigration Centres

Helen Gillespie hgillespie at rogers.com
Tue Oct 2 19:03:01 PDT 2012

> The Merseyside Maritime Museum in Liverpool is an excellent resource for
> information on travel to and from that port. You can access their web site
> at http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/maritime/about.asp

Also, if your ancestors came through Hamburg, the Ballinstadt museum has
important information. Here's the English-language  site:
http://www.ballinstadt.net/BallinStadt_emigration_museum_Hamburg/english__BallinStadt_das_Erlebnismuseum_Abenteuer_Auswanderung_Entwickelt_von_leisureworkgroup_Jens_Nitschke_Ansprechpartner_Museum_Auswanderung_Direktor_BallinStadt.html

Bremen also has an excellent site, the German Emigration Center:
http://www.dah-bremerhaven.de/english/hauptseite_e.html

Many
 passengers from Eastern Europe coming through Riga on the north coast sailed to England and then travelled from Liverpool to the US and Canada. Some of my ancestors came this way,
http://www.findmypast.co.uk

Helen Gillespie