[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Orphanages in Maslaki/Sompolno area

Gordon Poley gpoles2 at cox.net
Wed Oct 24 11:52:15 PDT 2012

My grandmother's father, Wilhelm Weidner, reportedly was an orphan who never knew his parents.  I have every reason to believe that they lived in the Kierz/Kania area.  They were Lutheran and hence Maslaki is the logical choice for records.  The pertinent ones fall into the gap of years for the Maslaki FHL films and Polish archives.  Perhaps they are in the Wilczyn records which are not readily available. I have found some that seem to fit in the early Maslaki records and in isolated Sompolno records.  My question to the group is, "Does anyone know anything about orphanages, religious or otherwise for that area during the time 1855-1870?"

Thanks in advance,
Gordon Poley