[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname: Schuetpelz

Beth Burke mackzie at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 17 14:07:15 PDT 2012

Hello to all....

I am up in Oconto County Wisconsin tonight, home to a pod of Lublinites.  I will be speaking to the genealogical society and hope we can manage to get a few more memberships to supplement our information.  This place is crawling with Germans from Russian occupied Poland.  I should know - most of my family (both sides) is from this area.

That said, is anyone researching the Schuet(t)pelz surname?  The name is like Smith up here, but they don't seem to be from the areas that SGGEE covers/researches.

I'm starting to think that they come from lands further to the west, but that's just a guess.  Any suggestions?

Beth Burke
Verona, WI