[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname: Schuetpelz

Paul Rakow paul.edward.luther.rakow at desy.de
Thu Sep 20 10:28:36 PDT 2012

    Hello Beth,

         My father is from Oconto county, and I have plenty of Schuettpelz
  cousins. There are still Rakows on the family farm near Suring.

        The Oconto Co Germans are not all from Lublin, there are plenty
  from the Prussian province Pomerania, including the Rakows. I haven't
  really looked in to the origin of the Schuettpelzes with the amount
  of effort I've devoted to the Rakows - but I have seen that the
  early Schuettpelz family members gave their origin as Prussia or Germany;
  not Poland or Russia. It's possible that they are from Pommern too.

         Paul Rakow
         Liverpool