[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynia to Canada mystery couple - Mannke and Kiehn surnames (or Menke and Keen)

Christopher Menke chrismenke at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 19:39:27 PDT 2012

I am stumped by this one...my Menke family is from Neche, North Dakota. Emerson, Manitoba is only 16 miles away. I was looking at the Manitoba Vital Statistics website and came across a birth record for Hilda Menke born 1903 to Andreas Menke and Pauline Keen in Emerson. I have never heard anyone in my family mention Andreas, yet with a somewhat uncommon last name and the distance would assume he is related.
Now the Volhynia connection...
In the odessa3 site, there is a marriage of Andreas Mannke to Pauline Kiehn in Zhitomir in 1885. I would have to guess it's the same couple? My surname did change from Manke to Menke in the US and I have seen the Mannke spelling in other family records.

Does anyone have info on this Pauline Kiehn?

Thanks,
Chris